Hex wire

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 14 May 1999 17:05:35 -0500 (CDT)

>Ron,
>
>The gold that I used on the first set I tried was 24K and too soft, as
>you predicted, so I threw them out.  Sorry.  I'm going to try 21K next
>time, and if it doesn't work, you can have them.
>
>Paul

Paul,
Being entirely in favor of scientific inquiry of all sorts, especially those
generating reclaimable waste, I thought I would show my support for your
project by supplying a few wrap weighting factors for various potential
string wrap materials.

copper = .89
iron = .79
aluminum = .27
gold = 1.96
platinum = 2.17
silver = 1.06
lead = 1.15
tungsten = 1.83
mercury = 1.38

You might have a little trouble with the inharmonicity figures with the
tungsten, but not nearly as much as you will with trying to keep the mercury
on the core.

Good luck, and keep us posted.
 Ron