Alternate wrap - was Hex wire

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 15 May 1999 10:52:28 -0500 (CDT)

>Ron,
>
>I'm going to try a set with different wrapping on each note.  Do you
>happen to have the figures for lithium and plutonium?
>
>Paul

Paul,
Excellent, and they say the pioneer spirit is dead. Per your request, I have
calculated a few more weighting factors. The lithium is pretty light, but
may prove valuable in those low tenor trichords for making the overall
diameters big enough that the damper wedges won't fit between them. They
might also provide an instant aural indication of being slightly out of
phase by slapping together when played. It could prove be a valuable string
level diagnostic tool. I'm sorry that I have no figures for plutonium. Alas,
they won't let me have fissionable materials. I would suggest purchasing an
inexpensive Geiger counter and kicking about in the vicinity of any of the
sundry breeder reactors around the world. The hundreds of pounds of
plutonium that are unaccountably misplaced every year at these facilities
has to go SOMEWHERE. Also, Lefty says to carry lots of doggie treats, if you
try this.

uranium = 1.91
tantalum = 1.69
lithium = 0.05