wire splicing

barre46@ibm.net barre46@ibm.net
Sun, 16 May 1999 00:00:00 -0500

Hi all,

In the PTG Exams Source Book the 1st article in section V (Strings) written by Bill
Spurlock shows a method of tying a string using only a pair of vice grip pliers. This
method uses only about 1/2 inch of the old wire, is quite simple to do and is very neat. I
have a couple of customers who usually wait until they have from 10 to 15 broken strings
before they call so I have tied quite a few strings and I use this method exclusively. The
round nose pliers that I have tried seem a little flimsy on music wire but the vice grip
pliers used as directed in Bill's article work very well. This is at least another opinion.

Norm Barrett
Memphis, TN