Steinway regulation, Maual

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Sun, 16 May 1999 08:20:43 -0400

I suspect that Larry does not have a _normal_ action.  (Teflon,
"accelerated", I'm not sure of what they called it.)  It really was
regulated to different specs, particularly a very shallow key dip.

I hope I'm not stepping on too many toes here, but I do believe that there
is another action design S&S used that would have different specs, in the
general era to which Larry is referring.  I have a S&S service manual, (at
work, so I can't look right now,) and I don't remember that they had
regulation specs in it for this particular action.  (Perhaps newer editions
do.)  If it is a 'different' one, him trying to regulate it to the 'book' is
like trying to put a square peg in a round hole.  (Been there, done that,
got the tee shirt...)  Very frustrating when it doesn't line up with the
"official book".

Not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings, but I think there might be more to
it.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Brian Trout