oozing blood on the keyboard

Rodney Pritchett rodneycp@bellsouth.net
Tue, 18 May 1999 17:51:55 -0400

Marcel Carey wrote:

> Yesterday as I was tying a string loop in a Steigerman (single string
> piano), the string wetn trough my thumb. I was bleeding, in a school
> situation and no band-aid or first aid kit in sight. I had to resort to the
> ultimate fix:  CA glue.
>
> Instantly, the bleeding stopped and I didn't notice any pain or ill effect.
> If you ever get caught like me, just remember the good things that one drop
> will do. In some cases, we do have to improvise fast.
>
> Marcel Carey, RPT

A similar thing happened to me today.  While reaching into my tool case,
I inadvertantly jabbed a #6 sharp needle quite far into the tip of the
middle finger on my pounding hand.

Again, CA glue to the rescue.  A drop on the wound and (almost) instant
bandage.

Why, it felt so good that I went ahead and tuned two more pianos on it.
%-)

Rodney Pritchett
Marietta, GA