para-inharmonicity and tuning curves

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Wed, 19 May 1999 18:41:04 -0700 (MST)

Hi Ron:

Just do the experiment with the vise grips. Find a Bass note that has
a very high peak on some freq. around C6 to C7. Clamp on the vise
grips to the bridge pin. Note that the peak disappears. I think the
weight of the pliers causes too much impedance for the longitudinal mode
to have its affect. You can still hear the note, but it is greatly modified
as I said in the other post. You can always find some high peaks among the
single string unisons. They will usually not be related in similar manner
to their neighbors. A half step higher, you may get a lower peak, etc.

Jim Coleman, Sr.