quick help needed for scratched surface

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Thu, 20 May 1999 23:28:51 -0700 (MST)

Hi Jay:

Until a person has a good bit of experience with polyester repairs, a small
scratch usually turns out to be a big looking repair. We have classes on
this at our seminars and conventions. It involves many grades of abrasive
paper, each successive grade taking out the scratches left by the previous
grade after the scratch has been filled with poly material. Schaaf sells
a Koenig poly repair kit. I paid $39 for it the last time 10 years ago.
However, it may be that you could get the right stuff from Young Chang
Service. Sometimes the repair kits do not have the same shade of black that
you will need. There is a lot of other equipment which one needs to properly
do this kind of repair so that it will not advertise itself later. Buffing
wheels or bonnets, razor blades, etc. If you have never done this before
it would be well to ask around for who is really good at this, then the
next time you may be better prepared to do this yourself, having attended
a class on the subject.

Jim Coleman, Sr.