What the...??

Tunethepno@AOL.COM Tunethepno@AOL.COM
Sat, 22 May 1999 07:42:10 EDT

In a message dated 5/21/1999 1:26:53 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
richardb@c2i.net writes:

<<  Starting with the first unwound string, and continuing up about
 to c6 there is this extremely loud and annoying... how shall I describe
 it.. "WOWAAaaaaaaa" sort of beat. >>

I would double check the soundboard rim, as someone else suggested. I had a
customer with console piano with that sound. He is a guitarist and described
it as sounding like the piano had a "fuzz tone" attachment. The soundboard
had pulled loose from the rim on the bass side for a foot and a half or so.
Glue and screws did the trick. Anyway, it's might be worth another look.
John S.