John Broadwood grand

Paul Plumb plumb@execulink.com
Sun, 23 May 1999 22:00:09 -0400

Dear List

Last week I asked for information on a very old grand that turned out to be
a John Broadwood and have purchased it with a little intrepidation.  When
it arrived at the shop we marvelled at the workmanship.  I feel privileged
to hopefully restore it to good playing condition.

We have come up against problem #1 which is that we can't open or remove
the fallboard.  It appears that the stretcher has dropped down about 1/4"
on the left end and is keeping the fallboard in the closed position.  We
eventually got the keyslip off hoping that we might be able to then remove
the action, but the end blocks are doing their job very well.  Any
suggestions?

Paul Plumb, B.Mus.,
Plumb Pianos
London, Canada