Pins

Brian Lawson lawsonic@global.co.za
Tue, 25 May 1999 17:58:43 +0200

> Dear List,
>
> Yesterday I looked at a Reinhardt upright, about the '20s with no
> plate bushings and the tuning pins resting on the bottom of the pin
> hole.
	<snip>

> Nonetheless, I throw the problem in the ring to see how you jump upon
> it.
>
> 		Newton

Taking your tag I would jump in the ring and dive at its feet and throw it
on its back. Mercilessly I would pull its pins out, then grab fresh
bushings and stuff them hard into the  plate holes. Then, I would pound and
pound the new pins into it, yank it up to pitch and push back it into its
corner.

But then, piano repairs aren't wrestling (pun?) and whether it is
economical for this piano is another thing.