longitudinal mode vibrations

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Tue, 25 May 1999 11:11:56 -0500

> Hi Richard:
>
> Did you try the long rope trick yet?
>
> Jim Coleman, Sr.

Yep, every time I cut down a tree that I need a rope to make it fall in
the right direction.    A dead tree that is.  We have an elm (Chinese)
blight
here.... : ( . There is a lot of this wood to be had for free if only
someone could figure out a use for it.

Hmm maybe I could make piano bench sides and legs out of these trees.
Parts of them are  dark brown like walnut.

I am wondering if an old Conn Strobotuner would be a good source of light
to view vibrating piano strings. If I could only figure out how to do it
in the piano.

Ric Fellelm