tumble sander

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Wed, 26 May 1999 11:14:20 -0500 (CDT)

>Yo Ron,
>Is a tumble sander like a rock polisher?
>Dale

Exactly, only with coarser abrasive. I built a small one out of plywood
years back when I was doing a lot of player work and having to make valve
parts and such. The gear motor (about 50 rpm) came from American Science and
Surplus (then Jerryco) for about $15. I bought a couple of pounds of, if I
remember right, 180 grit aluminum oxide, which I threw in with a couple
hands full of small river gravel for weight and "hammer" action against the
square sides of the box. Works great, but gets a little hard to listen to
after the first half hour... kchunk - kchunk - kchunk.

 Ron