tools

Steve Pearson SPearson@yamaha.com
Wed, 26 May 1999 11:48:03 -0700

Hi, Les.  Give Zuckermann Harpsichords a try.  They use small, oblong headed tuning pins in their harpsichords.  They are roughly the same size as zither pins, such as you find in auto-harps (and zithers), except the pins have the oblong heads.  They carry a nice little "T" wrench cast in iron with a hook on the top for making hitchpin ties. I'll bet it's just the ticket.  You might fax a xerox of one of the tuning pins if that is possible.
Their phone number is 860/535-1715 or email them at:
 <http://zhi.net>

>>> Leslie W Bartlett <lesbart@juno.com> 05/25 5:11 PM >>>
For Britishers, mostly.

I have acquired an Allison piano, British, with flattened tuning pins,
rather than the four cornered pins of now-a-days.  Schaff has a tool,
supposedly for these pins, but when applied, it was far to big. So,
customer got out his sledge hammer and flattened it a bit.  Better, but
still too much. So he silver-soldered it, and now I have something that
"sort of" works. But it's still too big, and too sloppy.

I'm looking for a smaller version of the one in the Schaff catalog.
Anyone able to help?

les bartlet
houston
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]