hammer brushing

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Thu, 27 May 1999 07:51:27 -0700

Hi John,

First of all brushing hammers is not a substitute for hammer
filing.  I don't use brass or steel brushes and wouldn't use
steel as it will, as you found out, beat the hell out of the top
layers.  I use a plastic bristle brush which affects the top layer
of felt only.  It is temporary and used to even things out or
when I have no time for needles.  I will try the brass brush in
the future.

David Ilvedson, RPT