Key pins and key bushings

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Thu, 27 May 1999 17:17:49 -0300

Hi Newwton,
I see what you mean. But some pins seem to have not so much of the ovalness and a
little more of the rounded rectangular shape.
So I would have to say examine the pin, and do not go to extremes.
I still think that rebushing is the proper answer for a loose front bushing.
Unless it is a piano that is not worth the expense of a proper fix.
regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, nova Scotia, Canada