lost motion changing

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 28 May 1999 23:23:34 EDT

In a message dated 5/29/99 2:51:32 AM !!!First Boot!!!, fcahill@erols.com
writes:

<< here was
 lost motion everywhere. I adjusted the lost motion in the middle third
 of the piano and will check it again soon to see if it changes. (didn't
 have time to adjust the whole piano)

 Any ideals what could have happened?  This has never happened before.
 Is there any way to tighten up the capstans? (I can hear it now..."CA
 glue, Frank!")

 This is so strange.  >>

Couple of possibilities

1. The hammer rest rail got pushed forward a little. Check to see if the soft
pedal rod is in both holes.
2. The back of the keybed is loose, or has warped. If it happens again, use a
straight edge to check that. If it is warped, use a piece of angle iron to
stable the back of the keybed.
3.. Has anyone replaced the back rail cloth recently? It might have
compacted.

Willem Blees