Customer Repairs I've Seen and some awful repairs by tech??

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Sat, 29 May 1999 07:43:24 -0400

Friends,
	Has anyone talked to him about his poor workmanship?  Maybe he doesn't
know how to repin and is afraid to ask, or maybe he finds working on
spinet actions intimidating.  In my mind repinning is a whole lot easier
than trying to make do with paper clips.
	Are the other chapter members willing to help him improve, and is he
willing to be guided?  You might even have a chapter technical on it.
Even though I've repinned for years, I might still learn something by
having someone else go over the procedure.
	The best way is to turn the incompetent technician into a competent one
by working on a personal level.  I feel the same way about handling
nearly all personal differences.  If the involved people can work it out
between themselves, why involve a larger group?
	I think the PTG gives guidelines for disciplinary measures in its
by-laws if you want to go to that level, but I can't find mine at the
moment to be more specific.
	One last thought just popped into my mind.  If the man in question is a
PTG associate, then he had to have a sponsor to become a member in the
first place.  What responsibility does the sponsor have, if any?

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT