Why go when you know?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 29 May 1999 15:53:11 EDT

In a message dated 5/29/99 11:58:08 AM !!!First Boot!!!, nhunt@jagat.com
writes:

<< Wim, not being real bright I have struggled for 35 years to gain what
 little I know.  Why should I tell you my secrets?  If I did then you
 would know what I know but I would not know what you know.  Not a fair
 exchange at all.  I might then loose my job.

 Have a secretive weekend.

 		Newton >>

Someone else said to that to me once, and here was my answer.

If you have a secret, and keep it to your self, then that's all you'll ever
know.  If you tell your secret to a room full of other technicians, they will
all tell you their secret, and you'll know everything they know, and you'll
be that much smarter.  Not only that, but if you tell me your secret, I might
be able to improve on it, or give you an alternate way to do that procedure,
and you'll be smarter than you were before.

Wim