Tilting on the lyre

BSimon1234@AOL.COM BSimon1234@AOL.COM
Sat, 29 May 1999 17:13:04 EDT

There is a technician in Phoenix that moves a lot of grands to and from his
shop by himself.

He had a special lyre, which I believe was made by Yamaha for moving Yamaha
grands. It was more or less solid maple, with the lower left side of the lyre
rounded. One would replace the normal lyre with this strong dummy one and
confidently use the lyre to tilt the piano. The round corner on the bottom
left made tipping  very easy and controlled.

Anyone else ever used on of these?

I wonder if a "generic" dummy lyre could be built which would accommodate
many different grands?

Bill Simon
Phoenix