Tilting on the lyre: Conclusion

Frank Weston klavier@annap.infi.net
Sun, 30 May 1999 10:41:52 -0400

After reading all of the opinions on the subject, I have concluded that =
those who do tilt on the lyre are those who will benefit most from =
saving time and stress on the back.  Those who don't are more likely to =
be people who will bear the time and expense of repairs.  Logically it =
seems that tilting on the lyre is risky, and the anecdotal evidence =
presented seems to support the conclusion that while outright structural =
failure is not a very big problem, hidden damage to glue joints is more =
likely, and the more the piano is tilted on the lyre, the higher the =
probability of this damage.

Thanks to everyone who responded.  I'm going to continue to remove the =
lyre before tilting my pianos.

Frank Weston=20