"Wood beasts?"

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 00:07:03 EST

In a message dated 10/31/99 9:56:41 AM Central Standard Time,
piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca writes:

<< I have come upon a situation I have never seen before. And I am
 wondering if I should be worried about my shop.
 I was working on an action,and had taken the keys off to rebush them.
 Three key buttons were just hollow shells, and below them was a pile of
 what looked like brown and white seeds.
 I found one worm and a bunch of rice coloured and sized things with
 legs. They actual keys had big hollows in them.
 I dug away all the bad pieces, and doused them with raid.
 Also vacuumed up the 'seeds', and doused them with raid.
 I examined the action, and can find no other signs.
 Can those who have experience with these things, tell me what else I
 should do?
 I was surprised by seeing these things I always thought that is was a
 Southern thing.
 Regards,
 John M. Ross >>

It certainly sounds as if you have some sort of invasion of unwanted
creatures.  Find out where the pianos has been.  If it did come from a
southern area, you might need to take some drastic action.

Willem Blees