Baldwins cost more to tune?

PDtek@AOL.COM PDtek@AOL.COM
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 01:41:04 EST

In a message dated 10/31/99 4:42:41 PM Central Standard Time,
dianepianotuner@hotmail.com writes:

<<    Do you charge an additional fee to tune a Baldwin?

No, but to me they are more difficult to tune. I'm speaking of the grands,
and more so the newer ones. I see a lot of them doing all of the Baldwin work
for a large dealer. There seems to be too much friction at the bearing points
making it difficult to equalize the string tension to get a good, stable
tuning. The high treble can also have a lot of falseness.

I only see the overly tight pins on some of the verticals. Otherwise I find
them very easy to tune.

Dave Bunch