"pounding"

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 08:52:10 -0800

At 08:42 AM 11/01/1999 -0600, Dave Porritt wrote:
>Susan:
>
>I do feel pain (not horrible pain) on loud blows in the treble when I'm
>not wearing ear plugs.  I do wear my musicians ear plugs all the time
>while tuning and I feel that I can hear better while using them.  I've
>become nearly an evangelist for these things.
>
>Last week I found yet another reason to use them.  While I was tuning the
>lady of the house was cooking.  She burned something and the smoke alarm
>went off.  Those things are LOUD!  The ear plugs brought it down below the
>ear damage stage.

Hi, Dave

I don't use them most of the time for tuning, only if the highest octave
starts to bother my ears. However, I use them every time that I have to
drive more than ten minutes or so. While I don't enjoy the feeling of
having them in, the silence (instead of the buzz I used to get) when I stop
driving and take them out is worth the inconvenience.

I really do believe in these things, and I always have them within reach.
If I'm trapped somewhere (like at a Guild banquet!!) where an amplified
group starts in, I don't have to get mad and anxious the way I used to: I
just slip them in, smile, and let them blast away.

Susan