"pounding" and ear-plugs

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 16:38:29 -0800

At 06:12 PM 11/01/1999 -0600, Brian wrote:
>What kinda prices am I looking at?  The pianotech sound cheap enough to try
>out anyway.  BTW has anyone else ever felt the pressure sensation that I was
>describing?  It's like a delayed thump in my ear on really hard blows or
>obnoxious Hamiltons.

I'm sure we've all felt the pressure on our ears during hard blows, but I
don't remember a delay.
I paid about $80 for my plugs, including a very thorough exam and hearing
test. It was worth it to find out what shape I was in 20 years after my
last test. The audiologist looked cheerful, the line for my hearing was
just slightly above the shaded area for normal hearing at all frequencies,
so in spite of some tinnitus and clicking the basic capacity is still
there. He did say, "You've got all the bases covered: mind, you don't have
a matched set." Given the number of ear infections I had in childhood and
the many noises, such as airport jetwash or subway squealing on curves,
that I've been exposed to, I was very happy with that.

Susan