Samick Warranty work

gutlo gutlo@bestweb.net
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 20:24:41 -0500

----------
> From: Ron Nossaman <nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Samick Warranty work
> Date: Monday, November 01, 1999 12:37 PM
>
> At 06:55 AM 11/1/99 -0800, you wrote:
> >Mark Bolsius wrote:
> >
> >> BTW, I can't agree with Arthur about suing them, you just end up as a
tech
> >> on the "never use this guy again" list at Samick.
> >
> >How can I get on this list?
> >
> >Paul S. Larudee, RPT
> >Richmond, CA
>

> You just did.

Dear List,
I didn't mean to suggest that the tech tell the customer to sue Samick or
even mention the possibility.  That wwould surely put the tech right where
he doesn't want to be--between the customer and Samick.  However, should
the customer come up with the idea himself, it might bring about a fair and
equitable solution without actually going to court.

BTW I had a very good experience with Samick that I reported to the list
several months ago.  The replaced a set of peeled-off grand hammers (6'
grand) and gave me $150 toward hanging them.  This didn't cover the cost of
regulating, but it only took me a few hours to get the action working well,
and I sold the piano at a good profit shortly after.  Rich at Samick was
very helpful.  He even sent me a polyester touch up kit for free.

Arthur Grudko