Tuning forks

rchayden1@juno.com rchayden1@juno.com
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 21:52:27 -0800

When I took my tuning test, the examiners checked my fork before I
started.  I had purchased a new one and preserved it's first use for this
occasion, trusting what it said on the package.  Their equipment found it
out a little, how much I don't remember, so they loaned me an electronic
pitch source and said "Use this".

What these guys were most interested in testing was my ability to
transfer that pitch.  (Got a 100%, even though I never saw that thing
before.)  I learned I needed to get an improved fork, and, began my test
knowing these men wanted our success.  I remain very grateful.

Roger Hayden, RPT