Tool recommendation for polishing polyester finishes ...?

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 19:12:52 -0600

Vanderhoofven wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am in the market for a electric polisher for the final step in polishing
> out some scratches in a high gloss black polyester finish piano.

<snip>

> Today my quest for a handheld electric polishing tool took me to 6
> different hardware/discount stores.  The only polishers for sale in most of
> these places were designed for polishing car finishes.  Unfortunately, I
> couldn't find what I was looking for.

<snip>

> Does anyone know where such a tool can be purchased?

Oddly enough I was talking to a polyester finish touch-up man not less than an
hour ago at the local dealer I do PianoDisc work for.  He does touch-up work
exclusively on all types of finishes around town.  He is coming back late
tomorrow afternoon.  If I catch him I'll inquire.

<snip>

> random orbiting polishers with a
> lamb's wool bonnet).

This is a Scottish folk tune, isn't it?