Tool recommendation for polishing polyester finishes ...?

rick berchiolli rberchiolli@uchicago.edu
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 11:16:17 -0600

At 8:12 PM -0700 11/1/99, pianotech-digest wrote:
>Today my quest for a handheld electric polishing tool took me to 6
>different hardware/discount stores.  The only polishers for sale in most of
>these places were designed for polishing car finishes.  Unfortunately, I
>couldn't find what I was looking for.
>
>Tool Requirements:
>*Heavy Duty
>*low RPMs (1000-1400)
>*accepts 6" or 8" bench grinder polishing wheels
>
>Does anyone know where such a tool can be purchased?
>
>David Vanderhoofven

David--try one of the tool warehouses (A&I @ 800/260-2647, Tools on
Sale @ 800/328-0457, etc.). Milwaukee, Porter Cable and Makita all
make 6 and 8 inch polishers with variable speeds from 0-2000 rpm.

Cheers,  Rick