Tuning forks (slightly off topic)

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 20:52:59 EST

In a message dated 11/2/99 5:32:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
pianoserv440@juno.com (John R Fortiner) writes:

<< > Seriously folks, I recommend the $3.00 fork, not the $300.00 one.
 > Ironic,
 > isn't it, how the cheap one, at 1/10 the price
 *Hey Bill:
 Maybe you count differently than I do, but the last time I did the math
 $3.00 was 1/100th, not 1/10th of $300.  Of course I'll be glad to pocket
 the difference. <GRIN>

 John Fortiner >>

Somewhere along the line, I read in one of those Scientific American
magazines (or maybe it was Readers Digest) that we only use 10% of our brain.
 Typing is one of my weakest skills.  I try my best to catch every error that
I make but I still leave some of them, sometimes.  It's a lot like a tuning.
I try at all times to be flawless but I know that I have yet to achieve a
really perfect tuning.

There was a stock purchase that I made a few years ago where I was a decimal
point off too.  If only I had bought a 1000 shares of some of the other
stocks I had (instead of 100), I wouldn't need to tune 7 pianos a day as I
have for the last two.  I would just have to tell them, "Sorry, my schedule
is completely full".

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin