Yamaha Duplex Scale

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 08:50:54 +0100

The only written reference I have seen on this subject (though no doubt there
are others) is Ed McMorrows book "The Educated Piano". There is a fine
description on how and why the front duplex is tuned and how this relates to the
Capo Bar profile. Tho the subject matter is disputed by some, and undoubtably
there are more ways to approach the subject matter then Ed would have it, his
book is interesting reading, and will provide you with a fine approach to tuning
(or de-tuning as he refers to it) the front duplex.

Curioius... why where you trying to tune the duplex on a C5?

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway