No subject

Wed, 03 Nov 1999 05:39:30 -0600

Terry,

Looking through my new Journal I came across the ad for the Renner Grand
Action Model.  Would this be of much value to a RPT wanna be?  I have an
upright model and it has been very valuable to practice basic adjustments.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

IMMHO,  any action model will do you well in not only preparing you for RPT
exams, but in simulating reallife.

BY that, I mean that you not only can practice the regulation procedures,
but once in regulation, you can unregulate one adjustment (screw/spring
tension/dip/etc.) at a time to see what effect it has. This can be a great
help in quickly determining the cause of malfunctions "in the field".

Fast, accurate trouble shooting not only saves you time, frustration and
earns you money, but makes you look good, too and leads to repeat business!

my 2¢.

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician 	mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College				(319)-387-1204
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

"Far too noisy, my dear Mozart.  Far too many notes." Emperor Ferdinand