Steinway M

rchayden1@juno.com rchayden1@juno.com
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 10:27:09 -0800

Where I have determined the tone of a piano to be too bright, (after
proper string and hammer voicing), and the room too small or 'live' to
handle the overtones, I have muted duplex scales to bring the darn thing
under control.  Sometimes it's downright dramatic.  Listen close, make
your judgement based on musicality and your client's desires.  It's
another fun variation in our form of 'art'.  Our chief job is to make
this piano act like a magnet, so your client can't walk by it without
wanting to play!!

Ya gotta love these things.

Roger C. Hayden, RPT