74-99 cents flat

Brian Henselman musicmasters@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 22:33:00 -0600

I'd be real suspicious of the pinblock pulling away from the back.  Did =
this piano have an exposed pinblock, or was it covered with a moisture =
barrier.  What you describe below sounds a lot like a plate and pinblock =
that are bowing forward.

Be careful,
Brian Henselman, RPT
Austin, TX
musicmasters@att.net

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Pat Neely <pneely@thegrid.net>
  To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
  Date: Wednesday, November 03, 1999 8:19 PM
  Subject: 74-99 cents flat

   Hi list=20
     Three times I have come upon pianos that would keep dropping. I =
hope I can explain this clearly, I'd raise it above where it needed to =
be  for example  if it was 75 cents flat and I raised it over maybe 20 =
cent next tme it would be 40 cents flat and it would take 4 or 5 time =
going over it to make it stay and the last two octaves  would drop off =
the where their not any lights at all {SAT] 3 -4 times and the pins were =
not too tight nor that loose, It did have miner damage to the corner =
bottom of the case and some to the bottom on the back but no thing I =
could see inside and it finally held  Pat  assoc.