FAT FINGERS

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 19:40:29 EST

In a message dated 11/4/99 5:04:10 PM !!!First Boot!!!, tomnjan@bellsouth.net
writes:

<< Has anyone ever heard of slimming down the sharp keys to better
 accomodate pianists with "fat" fingers?  An amateur pianist I know
 (...OK...it's me) has trouble with sounding too many notes when certain
 passages require placing the fingers between the sharps.  I've had no
 success altering technique.

 Tom Robinson
 amateur pianist/tuner and faithful pianotech reader for 2 years >>

This can be done only if the sharps are made of real ebony. And then, you
have to sand them very smooth. Certainly don't want to get splinters playing
the notes in between the sharps. You not only have to do the actual sharps,
but also the keys themselves. But be careful not to trim the bottom of the
key too much, otherwise you'll break out the bushed area, and you'll have
even more problems.

Just my 2 cents worth

Willem Blees