Steinway's "brand expansion"

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 20:19:43 -0600

JCCORDOGAN@AOL.COM wrote:

> Targeted categories for Steinway's brand expansion include technologically
> advanced audio equipment, home furnishings and care products, as well as
> lifestyle luxury products and collectibles. A Steinway lifestyle magazine,
> classical music and jazz record labels, as well as digital music samplings
> are also possibilities.

I can just see Ricardo Montalban in his white tux advertising Steinway "lifestyle
luxury products" during in a CBS movie of the week episode, (remember his
Chrysler Cordova piece).

<in hispanic accent>
"Friends there's nothing like comfort in your own home.  That's why Steinway is
proud to bring to you the Diaphragmatic Vibrating Bed with the patented
Accelerated Action.  Yes, something you and your mate can truly enjoy when you
make music together".

Or how about Paul Harvey...

"Americans I've told you about the 'Vose acoustic Wave'.  But now there is
something different.  Steinway & Sonz, (accent on the Z), now brings you the NEXT
generation of audio fidelity by introducing to you the new 'Lyra Grand' audio
system.   Even Steinway concert Artists can't tell the difference!  ...And for a
limited time you can also get the 'Crown Jewel' edition for a special price when
mentioning this broadcast".

While we're at it, how about Tommy Lasorda doing denture products...

"Friends when I'm ready for a big game I don't have time to worry about my
dentures.  That's why I rely on "Hexagrip" from Steinway!"

Hey, this could be fun!  I'm going to be the FIRST in line for an S&S Antenna
Ball!!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV