pinblock drillpress

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 23:15:21 EST

In a message dated 11/4/99 10:20:58 PM Pacific Standard Time, elee@amug.org
writes:

<< Hello List,

    I was wondering which drill press is recommended for an on the
 piano drillpress to drill pinblocks at a 7 degree angle.  What kind of
 attachments are needed to make it fit?   If there is an article you could
 refer me to in the PTG journal, I could look it up or buy the back issue.

    Maybe  one of you have come up with a different attachment which
 can do the job.

    One technician here had a bubble gauge to make sure the angle was
 right for a hand held drill, but I would rather not drill the pins by hands
 because I probably would mess it up too much.

 Thanks,

 Eliot Lee

 "You are never alone or helpless, the force that guides the stars guides
 you too." -P.R. Sarkar

I use a radial arm drill press made by Delta.  For drilling the pinblock,
make a sandwich board long enough to support while drilling the upper treble
and lower bass, then shim between the 2 boards until you have the desired
angle.  Anchor it to your drill press table, and then you will have a jig for
drilling you pinblock.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR