pinblock drillpress

Wallace Wilson wilson53@MARSHALL.EDU
Sat, 06 Nov 1999 07:52:30 -0500

Brian makes some excellent observations here.  His comments prompted my
memory on a previous post.  I meant to add that prior to removing the
original pinblock, but after the pins are out, I set up my drilling
support plank and my drill on its angled platform, place a dowel in the
drill press, and adjust the drill base so the dowel will pass easily
through the tuning pin holes.  Then I don't mess with the base until
time to drill the new one.  Prior to destringing is an excellent time to
observe how the current angle is working: too sharp, to vertical, or
just right!  Now there's no guess work when it's time to drill ....

Wally Wilson, RPT
Ravenswood, WV