Grand touch

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Sat, 06 Nov 1999 06:34:51 -0800

Richard Brekne wrote:

> Seems to be a bit of confusion over these terms... "strikeweight"
> "strikedistance" and "blow distance". Gets a bit difficult to know what we are
> talking about when at times.
>
> Blow distance I think we are all on the same plane on.. Strike distance seems
> to be used in two contexts.. And strike weight is a a term I have not come
> across yet, and it seems clear I should be aware of it. I wish someone would
> clearly and completely define (expound upon) this term. Please ??? <grin>
>
> Richard Brekne
> I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
> Bergen, Norway

Richard,

I have always considered the terms strike distance and blow distance to
be interchangeable.  (How much difference is there between a strike and
a blow?)  As far a strike weight is concerned, I defer to Ed Foote and
David Stanwood, but the reason it's called that is that it is the amount
of weight (mass, actually) striking the string.  The best way to measure
that is the technique tescribed by Ed and David.

Paul S. Larudee, RPT
Richmond, CA