Electronic pianos and inharmonicity

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 20:21:03 EST

In a message dated 11/08/1999 7:01:07 PM, Kent wrote:

<<My experience with less expensive digital pianos is that they surely have
inharmonicity, but are "tuned" as if they did not.>>

Kent, et al;
 Electronic sound production is not a strong point for me. This question of
"inharmonicity" in EPs seems pertinent enough to ask an elementary
question........
If a piano from which samples are taken has "inharmonicity" would/will not
the 'sampled' sounds also include this inherent inharmonicity?  It seems to
me they would, but I don't know for sure.  I am not sure of the loops on the
scope that Kent speaks of but if they are edited in such a manner as to
minimize the "inharmonicity" does this not change the character of the
samples?
 Again I don't know the answers to these two questions but I would certainly
like for someone who does to discuss it. :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)