Note in an octave

PNOTNR@AOL.COM PNOTNR@AOL.COM
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 22:19:03 EST

In a message dated 11/08/1999 9:16:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
harvey@greenwood.net writes:

<< She had just been watching the 'Who wants to be a millionaire" program, and
 this was one of the questions. The contestant answered "Eight"... bzzzt.

 The "correct" response was that there are twelve half-tones in an octave,
 and SIX whole tones.

Yup!    like:   C to D, D to E, E to F#, F# to G#, G# to A#, A# to B#
(enharmonic C natural)

I had to think about it.  My first response was eight too

Gordon Large, RPT
Bachelor of Music (but that was about 1000 years ago)