Appraisal for Insurance

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 23:10:48 EST

<<When preparing an appraisal for insurance purposes, is the appraised value
be the market resale value for the instrument in it's present condition or
for replacement with
the same brand or one of equal value?   And does "sentiment" figure in at all?

Bruce;
 "Sentiment" does not play any role in valuing a piano but some companies
will allow you to set the value and insure the item for what you say it is
worth at an advanced premium.........

  There are many different values placed in insured items but the ones we are
most concerned with are:
1. Present value as is. a.k.a. Fair market value.
2. Replacement with like item, used. (doubtful possibilities here :-)
3. Replacement with new, same model, of the same brand and/or other
comparable new instrument.

 I recommend to all my customers that they partake of the replacement
indorsement.  This without regard to the quality of instrument they have.
Jim Bryant (FL)