Tuning Pins

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 22:04:44 +0100

Dick Beaton wrote:

> Hi all....
> Just read all the tuning pin comments.  Haven't seen anyone mention that
> some tuning pins are tapered slightly....like in old Chickerings....I tapped
> them in several years ago and they are holding fine, but they don't get
> tuned every month either....just a comment from Montana.
> Dick...and it doen't make any diff that I happen to be an old RPT

Jimminees guys... didnt mean to offend anybody with that RPT comment of mine.
Quite the opposite. RPT's have all my respect, I just was suprised that the
issue came up.. and that there were several of you all out there that endorse
this proceedure.

As for tapered pins... I can see how tapping would be more successfull with
tappered pins. We dont have much of that kind of thing over here. Some older
Yamahas... thats about it as far as I am aware of.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway