Tuning Pins

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 01:22:24 -0600

>...all in fun mind you.. :)

Fully understood, Richard.

>...I have met quite a few techs to be sure...

Of that I'm certain.

>...I will conceed you that there are obviously more
>tappers out there (from the responses I have read on this list) then I had
>imagined.

Thank you.

>...I can only say that our objectives both
>in regard to the customer, and whats best for his / her piano are the same...

I have never doubted your integrity, only some of the views you presented
on this subject.

>...the "personal experience" kind ??...

Yes.  I live by it.

>Perhaps you could refer me to some documentation ??

Don't have any.

>...Well.... at least I am in good company. grin. Or do we ignore the
>opinions of the
>likes of Jim Coleman, who started off this side of the argumentation ??...

Being fully aware of Senior Coleman's status in the piano service community
does not constitute blind allegiance on my part when an error in judgement
has been rendered.  Even he is not immune to being incorrect about
something as he would readily admit.

>...but have you ever taken real torgue readings ??

If your definition of real means with a mechanical gauge such as a type
used in automobile mechanics, then the answer is no.

>...dont know whether or not you mean that or not...

I meant it!  That was a marvelous interchange on Pianotech that led to a
terrific conclusion.

>Nice playing ball with you Keith.

Ditto.

>Richard Brekne
>I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
>Bergen, Norway
>
>PS.  was Born in Lincoln Nebraska..

Delivered a piano there.  Great community.  Got to visit with Larry
Caldwell, RPT, who just happened to have his picture with some others from
the Nebraska Chapter published on page 52 in the October 1999 issue of the
Piano Technicians Journal.

>have been a Huskers fan as long as I can remember..

Some of the best college football around.

Seems like I recall you posting going to Arlington next year.  Perhaps we
shall meet at that time.  I'm certain many others are eager as well for
that opportunity.

Best to you and the honorable land of Norway!

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild