Strings height

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 16:36:26 -0500

Rogerio,
Knowing an approximate string height will really not help you much
except to rough-in a regulation.

Hammers need to be spaced to the strings, wippens need to be spaced to
the knuckles, the keyframe requires bedding and the keys leveled in the
piano. From there, keydip and other adjustments can be made.

But roughly, 7 7/8" bass, anywhere from 7 1/2" to 7 5/8 treble (and not
consistent). On the three S&S grands I've worked on this past month,
the string heights were different on each.

Good Luck,

Jon Page