Steinway Fallboard Question

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 17:02:36 -0600

>  And
>my first modern Everett console was against a wall.  I spent a few minutes
>before I checked the back to see the Allen bolts in the blooming backside!
>
>John Formsma

I once got a call to install hinges in one of these. When I got to the
piano, I saw that someone had tried to lift the lid straight up like they
would anything else. They had broken out the pins in the front, and bent
the rear brackets so the lid was supported about 2" up in the front,
bobbing like one of those mindless dashboard ornaments. I kind of liked it.
Seemed a shame to spoil the effect by installing the hinges.

Ron N