dropped SAT

Joseph Alkana jfa19@IDT.NET
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 17:03:18 -0800

Vanderhoofven wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> There was a thread a while back about how long an Accu-Tuner would last vs.
> how long a lap-top computer would last.
>
> On Thursday morning, I accidently knocked my SAT II off the top of a 45"
> studio piano when putting tools away.  One corner of the casing has a crack
> about an inch long, but the Accu-Tuner is still working just fine.  If I
> was using a lap-top computer, I would be shopping for a new computer about
> now!
>
> Thanks to Dr. Sanderson for designing Accu-Tuners so well!
>
> David Vanderhoofven
> Joplin, MO

David,
Not so fast my blue box friend :-)

I have had two "accidents" with two laptops, both of which have survived severe
mistreatment. My Apple 1400 took a header off a 52 incher. Wiped out two
hammers, dented the key upstop and fell to the floor with a horrendous crash.
The screen looked terrible for a while, but after shutting down and starting up
again, everything was fine. Another instance is the Sony VAIO windows platform
computer I have which has a metal case and extra internal cushioning , I
understand, so that you can pack it just about anywhere. In their literature
they speak of taking it in a backpack. Not all computers, you see, are the
wimps  some would suspect they are.

Joseph Alkana  RPT