FAC database

Del Gittinger delgit@acc-net.com
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 09:19:02 -0500

Dear list,

I haven't observed major changes in the FAC numbers on the same piano =
UNLESS the pitch of the piano has changed,  i.e. I have done a pitch =
raise on the piano.  I always re-measure FAC numbers after a pitch raise =
and they are different.  I've assumed that it was because the increased =
tension on the piano structure has changed the speaking length of the =
strings.  Am I wrong?

What would change the stretch of a piano during the same day or even =
between annual tunings?  Bridge roll and relaxing?

Del Gittinger, RPT
Del's Music Studio, Marion, OH
Piano Tuning & Service
Electronic Instrument repairs including organs
delgit@acc-net.com