Kimball Action

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:12:07 -0600

>I was recently called to review a donated church piano (Kimball 5'9" grand),
>to determine the amount of work it needed.  Hammer reshapeing, voicing, some
>regulation, and keybushings are all in order(some suprise!) .  However, the
>action is impossible to remove from the piano; the hammers catch on the
>pinblock about a quarter of an inch below the crown.
>
>Bill Barber, RPT

If raising the glide bolts doesn't do it, try a piece, or pieces of poster
board. Slide it under the pinblock and over the hammers, making a nice
gentle ramp that the hammers will follow without grabbing on the way out.
This has saved me more than once with stuff like this. You may still have
to remove the stretcher (if possible), like Newton suggested.

Ron N