Disgruntled piano tuners (was Re: Razed Drop Screws)

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 21:09:19 -0200

 Robert Goodale wrote:

> Have you ever heard of a "disgruntled piano tuner"?  Not possible, it's against
> the laws of nature and music!

There used to be one around here; my favorite is his technique for replacing
hammers - using a knife to carve a small cone into the old recessed shank and
whittling the shank to a point, jamming those suckers together real good: #75 with
a #26 head. I think he's retired from tuning and repairs, maybe from having too
many piano students.

Clark

ps Did this ever cross his mind? "Tuning pin tightener on hammers, dampers and
strings can be counteracted by a healthy dose of WD-40 as an action lubricant;
they'll never even hear my temperaments from the keys I haven't lost"