Disgruntled piano tuners-trivia

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 09:37:26 EST

In a message dated 11/17/1999 8:35:04 AM, Michael J. wrote:

<<Disgruntled?,>>

Well now let's look at this word thingee "Disgruntled".
'dis-'..... means not

'grunt'...... means  1. To utter a deep, guttural sound, as a hog does.
2. To utter a sound similar to a grunt, as in disgust.
Of the two I prefer the latter...as in when you can't get a unision to behave
itself after the 5th or 6th try or the repetition spring thingee won't work
as you desire.

'led'........led is the past tense and/or past participle of "lead".

Sooooo "disgruntled" means:  Not making disgusted noises while being
directed....
Now as anyone astute enough to breath on a regular basis knows that "leading"
piano techs to do *anything* is nigh to impossible. And anyone knows that
techs commonly make self deprecating remarks, grunt, and sigh as they are
working so this "not" 'grunt' doesn't work either.
 Just think of the implication of this thingee "disgruntled"...why it would
mean that we would work as 'led', all the while remaing 'silent' and 'not'
doing anything. Ha!! fat chance :-)
  All in all I think the proper word for describing "disgruntled" techs here
is more closely, and appropiately, ................well I can't think of one
right off..........I think I'll lay down on my couch and discuss this with
myself and see what I really think !
Jim tnayrB (FL)